What party do you belong to?

Friday, August 13, 2010

Elaborate Please...

As I passed through the different blogs one blog stood out to me directly and really interested me. That blog was called End In Sight written by Brianna Monks. As a quick summary the blog was over her opinion on abortion and how she agreed with the pro choice side of the controversy. Overall, the blog was pretty well written in the fact that she really gave many of her own opinionated examples, meaning that she made up reasons why people would need the ability to choose whether or not to get an abortion. There were a few things that Brianna needed to incorporate into her blog though to really make it more affective.

First of all, a huge issue I had with it was the spelling errors that were throughout the blog. By having just one spelling error it slowly brings down the article’s credibility, so imagine how much the credibility dropped with multiple errors.

The next thing that is important to notice in this blog is that there are no sources backing up her opinions. Sources are so important when trying to make a blog credible and have a sound argument. Ms. Monks really needed to focus on the reasons why people don’t agree with abortions and debunk those reasons with even more examples from sources. So as I assume you understand from my constant repeating that she really needed to include sources to make sure her blog was credible and sound.

The last thing I do want to quickly bring up as well is that she really didn’t go into great detail on many of the statements she made. She attempted to use the emotional appeals, but didn’t completely elaborate on her attempts. An example I want to give is how she said that many people don’t agree on abortion because of the Bible. What from the Bible makes people not agree with abortion? And why do you think that religion causes controversy when it’s brought into law? Those are only two questions that I bring up from the many that I have after reading this. I am not saying that the blog is a massacre by any means it just really needed to elaborate on her opinions and make sure her arguments were completely credible.

-Kelsey Scott

No comments: